VENISE is the Virtual & Augmented Reality (V&AR) research team of the CNRS/LIMSI lab. Our research aims at developing methods and tools to make immersive and collaborative interactions more "natural" or more intuitive, either in virtual worlds or in virtual worlds coupled to the real one.We strive at making our models generic enough so that they apply to a large range of immersive environments, such as collaborative (RAVE, CAVE, Workbench ...), individual (HMD, see-through ...), or multi-sensorimotor (stereoscopic, 3D audio, haptic...). We develop and test the usefulness of our concepts in the context of different application areas.
We develop and test the usefulness of our concepts in the context of different application areas.
- Interaction models for V&AR
- Data models and Simulation for V&AR
Our main application fields are: Industries, Sciences (Physics, Biology, Human factors), Education and Training.
OPEN PROPOSALS: Post-Doc, PhD thesis, Master thesis, & Internships
EVE System (Environnement Virtuel Evolutif)
The VENISE group has worked during several years on the specification of the EVE System a large and reconfigurable immersive Virtual Environment, dealing with multi-sensorimotor and collaborative aspects of human interactions within Virtual or Augmented worlds. Actually, EVE system includes many original features, whose combination is up today unique in the world.
More information on EVE system is available here.
Last/next International Scientific Events, co-organized and/or co-chaired by the VENISE group:
- SALENTO AVR 2014 - 1st International Conference on Augmented and Virtual Reality, co-chaired by VENISE team and University of Salento. September 2014, Lecce, Italy.
- JVRC 2013 - 5th Joint Virtual Reality Conference, merging the 19th Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE) and the 10th EuroVR international conference (the annual meeting of this Virtual and Augmented Reality European association), co-oragnised by VENISE team and the CEA/LIST. December 2013, Campus Orsay-Saclay, France.
- AFRV 2010 - 5th Meeting of AFRV (French Virtual Reality Association); Université Paris-Sud (co-oragnised by VENISE team and the CEA/LIST). 6-8 December 2010, Orsay, France.
- EuroVR-EVE 2010 - 1st European meeting of the Special Interest Groups of EuroVR in parallel with the inauguration of the EVE system. Université Paris-Sud, 6-7 May 2010, Orsay, France.
- Laval Virtual 2003 : VR demonstrations and special session "Scientific Application of Virtual and Augmented Reality". 14-18 May 2003, Laval, France.
- Thematic School "Virtual Reality and Behavior Science". 19-23 May 2003, Marseille, France.
- Science Festival 2002: VR demonstrations and animation of the CNRS stand. Gardens of the Ministry of Research; October 2002, Paris, France.
- Scientific co-chair of the former Scientific Action "Virtual Reality and Cognition" of CNRS.